I spent the Thanksgiving Holiday with my dear friend and business partner, Stacie Steelman, Crunch Care CEO and Founder, and was put in charge of appetizers for 20. Cooking for 20 as you can imagine is quite a feat, even if you are just talking appetizers. You need to provide a variety, have enough, and above all else KEEP IT SIMPLE! I prepared a Hot Artichoke Dip, a recipe that I stumbled upon at a B&B while on a ski trip to Telluride, CO. Over the years I have changed a few things here and there, and come up with a couple of different variations. This dip is easy to make, that it’s hot makes it perfect for this time of year, and it is sufficient for a large number of people:
- 1 (8 ounces) block cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (14 ounces) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 7 oz can of Ortega Diced Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded jack
- Dash hot sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand held electric mixer until smooth. Then beat in the mayonnaise until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir together until combined. Transfer the dip to a pie plate or shallow gratin dish. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the top is golden brown and the dip is bubbling. Serve hot with crackers, tortilla chips, crostini or veggies.
- Spicy – If you like a little bit of a kick, which I always do, use a 4oz can of Ortega Diced Jalapenos and 4oz can of Ortega Diced Green Chilies instead of the 7oz can of diced green chilies AND/OR substitute the jack cheese for pepper jack cheese.
- Mild – substitute 2 green onions, thinly sliced for the diced green chilies, and mozzarella cheese for the jack cheese.
Hope you and yours enjoy this Hot Dip from the hottest Nanny Agency in Orange County!
By: Kelly Welker, President of Crunch Care Orange County