1) 2 styrofoam cups
2) 1 paper plate
3) 1 gold pipe cleaner
4) Gold paint
5) Puffy paint or alpha
6) Elmers glue
7) Cardstock and crayons to write the card
8) Washable paint to make the footprints (optional)
Additional Materials That Make Crafts Projects Run Smoothly:
1) Cookie Trays
2) Hairdryer for quick drying
1) Glue the bottoms of the cups together and let them dry.
2) Cut the gold pipe cleaner in half and insert into the sides of the top cup to make handles.
3) Use two layers of gold paint to cover both cups.
4) Paint two layers of gold paint on the paper plate.
5) Once the paint dries, glue the paper plate to the cups.
6) Use puffy paint or alphabet stickers to write “World’s Greatest Dad” or “#1 Dad” on the paper plate..
7) Help your child write the poem below on cardstock to present together with the trophy.
8) Let him or her stamp their footprints onto their card (optional).
Start building your child enrichment binder today. To download this lesson as well as other fantastic enrichment activities go to Sharon’s page on http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Creative-Lesson-Plans
or follow Sharon at www.facebook.com/teacherresourcesforparents