What exactly does a Night Nanny or Baby Nurse do and what are their credentials? Here in San Diego when we place someone in this role we generally expect the following list of credentials.
A Night Nanny generally provides overnight support during the first few weeks to months after birth. Many Night Nannies are experienced with multiples, and can assist with everything from night feedings to bottle cleaning. A Baby Nurse normally holds some type of credential such as a Doula Certificate, and LVN, or and RN.
Qualification of our Night Nannies and Baby Nurses:
- Trustline and PFC private background check screening including local county check, National Criminal File check, Social Security Verification, Sexual Offender check
- DMV check including clear background of DUI/DWI
- 4-6 plus years of professional newborn nanny experience
- 2-4 professional references
- letters of recommendations (mandatory)
- passing of behavioral interview evaluation
- consistency in application and acceptance process with Crunch Care recruiting team
- ideal background in Education, Nursing, or long term professional child care
- must pass INA basic skills assessment (Newborn Care Assessment evaluation new in 2015)
- CPR First Aid certified or trained
- a plus to be a board certified LNV or RN (Baby Nurse)
- multiples experience preferred
Additionally there is the option to hire someone that is a credentialed Newborn Care Specialist. A Baby Nurse or a Night Nanny can have the following credential as well.
A Newborn Care Specialist is an individual trained and skilled in newborn care. She provides unique expertise in all aspects of newborn care, parental education and support. Her job is to help nurture and care for newborns while providing guidance and education for the parents. Typically the NCSA (Newborn Care Specialist Association)
The NCSA is a international association dedicated to the professional Newborn Care Specialist. It has been developed to oversee ongoing education in the field of newborn care. They provide continuing education educate using the most up-to-date skills in this profession.
For more information about hiring a San Diego Night Nanny, Baby Nurse, or Newborn Care Specialist contact Crunch Care of San Diego at firstname.lastname@example.org.