If you want to identify a career nanny in San Francisco on your own try these great resources and use the following general guidelines:
- Recruit from everywhere. Craigslist, care.com, online job boards at the Universities, print ads, friends, and community organizations.
- Only review nannies with 2 plus years experience at each position and consistent work history.
- Conduct references (3 professional at a minimum) after a short phone interview before conducting an in person interview.
- Use an interview sheet to ask general nanny questions and make sure your nanny is comfortable with the San Francisco area.
- Make sure your nanny candidate has thorough background check including a local San Francisco search (by county), a National Criminal File check, Social Security Verification, Sex Offender check, Department of Motor Vehicles check, and any additional credentials verified.
- Take the time to put together a nanny contract or offer letter defining the duties of the job and have your future nanny sign it.
- Make sure to be prepared to properly orient, train, and communicate with your new San Francisco nanny.
For more detailed consulting on hiring a nanny contact email@example.com.