This is a live-in, M-F 6am start, 2 hour break during day, 7pm end, full-time position for a nanny/housekeeper that is the key communicator on household issues, deep cleans the house including IRONING, and cook (shopping likely included). This is a very busy household with 4 girls under the age of 6 years old. This is not a nanny position but only housekeeping. Family has a full time nanny. Housekeeper needs to love to cook and focus solely on cleaning and all the household needs. The family would like to have a very long term relationship with their housekeeper.
Children (4 girls)
– 6.5 year old
– 5 year old
– 3 year old
– 9 month old
Duties include but not limited to:
- Make children healthy breakfasts, lunches and snacks for school
- Prepare family dinner and additional meals daily
- Feed & pick up after dog.
- Tidy up kitchen each morning
- Make beds & tidy up bedrooms, living and play areas
- Watering and feeding of plants
- Trash and recycling
- Maintain outside living areas, including BBQ
- Organization and inventory of food supplies
- Keep Kosher kitchen after instruction from family
- Arranging and supervising car cleaning, window washing, dog grooming, dry cleaning, etc. on regular basis
- Complete home care with appropriate scheduled irregular tasks such as: garage clean out, chandeliers, pantry origization and wipe down, pool toy detail, detail cleaning of drawers and overall organization.
- Taking in mail and deliveries
- Greeting and supervising service people
Perspective: The ideal candidate is self starter and one who already knows how to clean house and does not require instruction/supervision, including maintenance of surfaces such as granite, travertine, oil rubbed bronze, etc. This candidate must also be able to create a home management system and corresponding schedule, keeping track of tasks and frequency between repetition. This job also requires keen attention to detail and organization. We also appreciate someone who uses intuition and common sense to guide decisions, but also knows when the time is right to consult first. Punctuality is a must, as well as good driving records and habits.