Trying to find a nanny in Orange County can be a daunting task as there are often easily a 100 applicants per position. Of course having a nanny that is referred to you by someone you know, or using a nanny service such as Crunch Care is a great option. However, if that doesn’t work for you, you will need to advertise. Whether you place your ad on CraigsList, Care.com, a newspaper, or someplace else following are a few tips that will make the process a little less overwhelming and more manageable:
- If you are using a site like Care.com or CraigsList to advertise your position, it is best to use their routing system as it will keep your email private.
- If you chose to place your ad someplace else, you should provide an email address as your point of contact. You don’t want your phone to start ringing off the hook.
- In your ad, you should request that they send you a resume to review. This will allow you to review their experience in advance, and decide which candidates you are most interested in speaking with.
- Conduct a short interview over the phone. Tell them about your position, expectations, job duties, etc. to ensure that they are truly interested in your position. There is nothing worse then taking the time to sit down for an interview, only to find out that there is something about the job that will not work for them. This will give them the opportunity to ask any questions about the position in advance.
- If you like the way they sound in the phone interview, you should next invite them to sit down with you for a more lengthy in-person interview.
- ALWAYS check references and run background checks.
If you are interested in learning more about finding your nanny using a Nanny Agency such as Crunch Care, please feel free to give us a call at (877) 553-4231 for a free consultation.
By: Kelly Welker, MBA, President of Crunch Care of Orange County