We are happy to be a sponsor of the Rancho Santa Fe Garden Fair & Market! This is their most recent press release!
Inaugural Rancho Santa Fe Garden Fair & Market Celebrates the Balboa Park Centennial
October 17, 2015, 9am-3pm
SAN DIEGO, CA — In honor of the Balboa Park Centennial, the Ranch Santa Fe Garden Club has teamed up with the Balboa Park Conservancy to host the inaugural Rancho Santa Fe Garden Fair & Market on Saturday, October 17, from 9am to 3pm, at the Rancho Santa Fe Association/Community Center Parking Lot (17022 Avenida de Acacias). The event is presented by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties.
With its strong emphasis on horticulture, the 1915 Panama-California Exposition in Balboa Park was often referred to as the “Garden Fair.” Accordingly, the day-long Rancho Santa Fe Garden Fair & Market will mark Balboa Park’s special 100-year anniversary by featuring free landscape consulting, plant and garden gifts, irrigation district rebates, horticulture presentations, and fun hands-on activities for kids. Popular food trucks Tacos La Mezcla and Caliano by Spinelli will be on site to provide gourmet food concessions.
The Rancho Santa Fe Garden Fair & Market is the perfect opportunity to learn about water-wise irrigation systems and sustainable gardening and landscaping ideas and products. A series of 30-minutes lectures in the Community Center will cover such timely topics as rainwater harvesting, backyard aquaponics, and an update on current drought conditions in California.
Special guest presenter Thomas Herrera-Mishler, executive director of the Balboa Park Conservancy, will give a talk on Balboa Park’s efforts to incorporate sustainable landscaping techniques.
Presented by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties, the Rancho Santa Fe Garden Fair & Market is sponsored by Merril Lynch, Proscapes by Rhc, Inc., Crunch Care, Santa Fe Irrigation District, Moon Valley Nurseries, the Reilly Family, and Ranch & Coast Magazine.
The participating local businesses and organizations that will be at the Garden Fair & Market with information, demonstrations, concessions, gift sales, and activities include:
- ASLA, San Diego Chapter —Landscape design association
- Bushman USA — Rainwater harvesting products
- ECOLIFE Conservancy — Aquaponics lecture and demonstration
- Ecology Artisans — Homeopathic landscaping
- Fab Trailers — Photo booth
- Farm Fresh to You — Doorstep delivery of locally grown, organic produce
- Friends of RSF Library Guild — Horticulture craft for kids and book sales
- JDM Designs, Quail Garden Gifts — Garden gifts
- Moon Valley Nursery
- Nature & Eye — Hand-made jewelry cast in horticultural mediums
- Precision Landscape Maintenance — Landscape design and turf
- Proscapes by Rhc, Inc. — Landscape design
- RSF CONE COMMITTEE — Representing RSF Committee on the natural environment
- RSF Fire Department — Education on fire safety through landscaping
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum — Horticulture activities for kids
- Sunshine Gardens, Poway Valley Garden Club, Solana Succulents — Plant sales
- Tacos La Mezcla, Caliano by Spinelli — Food truck concessions
- We Create Fun — Airbrush tattoos
The Rancho Santa Fe Garden Club is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that strives to further the development of charitable horticulture and charitable conservation activities, both within and outside the community of Rancho Santa Fe. For more information on RSF Garden Club membership and upcoming activities, please visit www.rsfgardenclub.org.
The Balboa Park Conservancy enriches the visitor experience and keeps Balboa Park magnificent by sustaining and enhancing the Park’s beauty, and its historic, cultural, and recreational character for the enduring enjoyment of all. Working in partnership with the City of San Diego and surrounding communities, the Conservancy is committed to ensuring that the Park’s spectacular landscaping, grounds, and structures continue to make Balboa Park one of the best urban cultural parks in the country. Visit www.balboaparkconservancy.org