Summertime is finally upon us, and that means the kids are out of school! That means that many Orange County nannies will be spending more time during the day with their charges. So what to do with the kids?!?! Staffing summertime nannies for our clients is something that we do a lot of, and one thing that our clients express to us most often, is that they want their nanny to be creative in coming up with activities for the children. Also, while all parents want their children to have fun over the summer months, they also greatly appreciate it when you can make the activity both fun and educational. Fortunately living in Orange County provides nannies with many different options. With that in mind, following are a few ideas that are fun, educational, and/or both!
- Summer Concerts in the Park – Many communities will often have a summer concert series that is outdoors, and kid friendly. It’s a great opportunity to pack a picnic, grab a blanket, and head out to listen to some music and dance.
- Orange County Great Park, Irvine- The park is almost twice the size of New York’s Central Park, and is geared toward environmental sustainability, OC’s agricultural heritage as well as honoring the history of the former military base which the Park is built upon. There is the Great Park Balloon which sores 400 in the air, a Carousel, the Palm Court Arts Complex, a Farmers Market, the Kids Rock Park, and many other things to see and do.
- Story time – local library or book store.
- Ocean Institute, Dana Point – has many fun, educational, and hands on experiences and programs to choose from.
- Kids Free Fishing Clinic and Free Fishing Trip, Dana Point – With the purchase of an adult ticket ($46) Dana Wharf Sportsfishing offers a free clinic for children to learn how to fish.
- Home Depot Free Kids Workshops – check out the Home Depot in your area to see what is offered.
- Back Bay Science Center, Newport Beach – has many seasonal and year-round programs to choose from. Providing children the opportunity to participate in hands on activities and to help them learn more about our oceans.
- Environmental Nature Center, Newport Beach – offers 15 different California native plant communities, wildlife habitats, and trails all geared to help children learn about wildlife and our environment.
The above is just a few ideas for Orange County nannies and their charges. Enjoy the summer, have fun, and be safe!
Crunch Care (949) 415-7350