There are so many choices a family can make when looking for reliable childcare in Orange County. As the local experts for in home childcare we recommend this resource list when hiring an in home childcare provider.
- Trustline-an invaluable resource for parents when hiring an Orange County in home child care provider.TrustLine is a database of nannies and baby-sitters that have cleared criminal background checks in California. It’s the only authorized screening program of in-home caregivers in the state with access to fingerprint records at the California Department of Justice and the FBI. That’s what makes TrustLine unique. It’s also easy to use and effective.
For all these reasons, TrustLine is endorsed by the California Academy of Pediatrics. The California Department of Social Services and the nonprofit California Child Care Resource and Referral Network administer the program.
- CPR/Frist Aid Training-The American Red Cross offers hands-on, in-person classes at convenient times, in locations close to you. Or, you can choose one of their online training options: complete the online portion at your own pace, then come in for a short session to check your skills. Certification is good for 2 years, and you can take free online skills refreshers along the way.
- State of the Art Nanny Training-A CareAcademy.co is a certified nanny is a nanny who is prepared for the challenges of childcare in today’s complicated world. They offer certification programs are created, maintained, and moderated by a team of professional nannies and subject matter experts. Designed by nannies and for nannies, CareAcademy.co is developing a library of certification classes covering a broad range of topics including childhood development, communication with parents/employers, professional interviewing skills, nutrition, positive discipline, safety, newborn care, and sleep.
- Helen Adeosun, founder of CareAcadamy is passionate about children. As a former high school 9th grade English teacher, she was excited about ways to drive learning in her classroom and how to better serve her students. CareAcademy was born out of her own experience as a nanny and she hopes that Careacademy.co is a place to continuously learn and share with current and future nannies. The year before starting CareAcademy she was hired by a wonderful family that had two children with special needs who taught her so much. Helen holds a B.A. from the University of Notre Dame and an EdM. from the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Private Expert Background Check-PFC has been providing background screening services to Nanny Agencies, Eldercare Agencies, and Domestic Staffing Agencies since 1987, and is the oldest household background screening company in the U.S. PFC combines an old-fashioned concern for quality with cutting edge technology to provide comprehensive and accurate background checks. PFC has been a member of the International Nanny Agency (INA) since 1987 and the Association of Premier Nanny Agencies (APNA) since 2003. PFC offers significant discounts to APNA and INA agencies. We provide a special “home state” discount for member agencies. There are no “add-ons” to our rates, such as court or DMV fees; therefore, our clients know in advance exactly how much a background check will cost. For a quote, contact them at 510.336.9761 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They work with agencies and individual families throughout the country performing thorough background check for Orange County in home child care providers.
- Nanny Payroll and Tax Experts-HomeWork Solutions is the leading provider of payroll and nanny tax compliance services to families nationwide. The firm’s payroll services allow families to completely outsource the household payroll and tax remittance functions to payroll professionals. Payroll service subscribers offer their staff direct deposit of their payroll, paid time off tracking, and detailed pay period statements of current and year to date deductions. HomeWork Solutions offers other services that allow families to pay their workers directly and receive various levels of payroll tax compliance support. For more information visit their web site at http://www.homeworksolutions.com.